Monday, July 20, 2009

Growth, Change, and Closets


Whew! There's a lot going on around here.  The next few months you'll see some new and exciting programs and events at CrossFit Central. Things are movin' and shakin' like crazy in order to include more people in our Fit Community. Over the next few weeks I'll be sharing more, but here's a little taste:

Kids (all ages)
Moms (all stages)
Endurance athletes
Challenges
Social Gatherings
Re-vamped Nutrition workshops

ARE YOU READY?!

Here is a really inspiring story from the CrossFit Games site. An award was given out for "Spirit of the Games" and this is one of the contenders.

Sarah Dunsmore  was not able to complete a single non-kipping parallette handstand push-up during the Event 7 Triplet. As per the rules, this disqualified her from competing further for the championship. She opted to do the final Chipper to compete for 13th place (three other women were in the same position). It took her over 15min to complete the 10 muscle-ups, but she kept fighting. She fought all the way to the end, finishing just a minute before the 35min cap to the delight of the cheering crowd.

Wow. Knew she was out of the competition...Fought with the muscle-ups...for 15 minutes! NEVER. GAVE. UP.
That takes courage. That takes determination. That takes strength.

It's stories like this that we should look to when we are struggling- with anything, really. That's what CrossFit is all about. Crossover. Ask anyone who's been here for a while how their life outside the Gym is going. I guarantee you'll be inspired by their answer.

So...

What are your goals? Do you set goals regularly? If so, do you post them and look at them daily? How committed are you to achieving those goals? What do you need to do to make sure those goals are met?

What does your self-talk look like? Do you say things like "I wish" or "I think I can __."
State your desires as if they are already happening. 

Instead of "I want to do all pushups on my toes" , how about "By Oct.1 I am doing all pushups on my toes."  That feels much more empowering, doesn't it?

I am eating clean and food logging 6 days/wk.
I am doing unassisted kipping pullups in all WODs by Sep.1
My closet is cleaned out and organized by Sep.1

Ok, I just laid out my goals for all the world to see. (yikes) You know which one I'm most nervous about? My closet!

So go sit down.....right now.... and write your goals.  Post them somewhere you will see them daily. And if you want to share with us, please post to comments. Let's keep each other accountable.

Have a wonderful day!




5 comments:

  1. Speaking of closet cleaning, a CrossFit Women clothing exchange would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! I'll run it by the powers that be.... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can help you with the closet if you want. Knowing when to just "let it go" is the hardest part! See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking the same thing! Clean out our closets and get some great new clothes to fill in the gaps! I'm in. My closet goals are Aug 1, but I can push them back for a clothing swap.

    Then, whatever is left, we pack up and take straight to Good Will and Dress For Success, a not-for-profit that promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Ardith! Let me look at the calendar and we'll get it set up. Nicole, it's a date :)

    ReplyDelete