Monday, May 11, 2009

Nutrition Workshop

Have you been wondering what all this "Zoning" and "Paleo-ing" is about?  Have you been wanting to fine-tune your eating to maximize your performance?

Tomorrow there will be a Nurtition workshop at  Crossfit Central at 7pm.  Bring your food log if you have started logging.  If you don't have a food log, it is something that can really get you on track to achieving major results.  

I started logging back in January with the I am Crossfit Challenge.  It was a real eye opener to see- on paper- what I was/wasn't eating.  Even after the Challenge was over I continued to log. It keeps me (somewhat) honest, and I really think twice about eating that cupcake. 

I'm sure Carey will talk about the infamous Paleo Pancakes tomorrow night, so I found a link to the recipe along with the following picture

They do look pretty yummy.  Here is the recipe:

Time: 10 minutes

• 2 eggs
• 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
• 1/2 C nut butter (not peanut butter! - cashew/macadamia nut butter works well)
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
• coconut oil

Mix all of the ingredients except the coconut oil in a bowl. Stir well, until you have a uniform batter. Next, use a bit of coconut oil to grease a non stick skillet. Spread some of the batter into the skillet to form a pancake, then cook over low/medium heat. Flip after 1 to 2 minutes, being careful not to burn them! 

Once you've cooked all of your pancakes, you can serve them with a variety of toppings. A few that I like: chopped apples and cinnamon; heated blueberries; real maple syrup; and unsweetened applesauce.

Zone info: 3 servings at 1/2 carb block, ~1/2 protein block, 15 fat blocks



See you tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment