Thursday, May 7, 2009

Building a Fit Community

That's the tag line on the Crossfit Central website. It's also what keeps me coming back. Like many of you, I've been going to various exercise classes for years- kickboxing, aerobics, yoga- but when class was over, that was it. I didn't know anyone's name and the instructor surely didn't know mine.

Fast forward to 2009.

A Fit Community. Whoever came up with that tagline is a genius.... Let's break it down:

Fit: complete health and wellness, nutrition, and of course, killer workouts


Who wouldn't want to be a part of that?! I think we, collectively speaking, lack community in our lives. Technology has made it very easy to hide out in our homes behind our computers, only communicating by email, text, or Facebook. (I'm guilty of this I admit) A feeling of connectedness is vital to our mental and social well-being and must be nurtured often. Ok, stepping down off the soapbox now...

My hope for this blog is to be a place of inspiration, information, and a little nonsense thrown in for good measure. I am very open to ideas, suggestions, and especially comments. PLEASE comment! This isn't just for CrossFitters either. We will be posting workouts you can do at home or on the Trail to spice up your routine. There will also be some recipes/menu planning ideas, Zone and Paleo info, goal setting, and lots and lots of just getting connected. I hope you'll join me.





No comments:

Post a Comment