Monday, November 16, 2009

The "New Normal"



Guilty. Caught on film. You can see what I've been up to. I have been out of town visiting family and attending my cousin's wedding- sorry I've been a little MIA!

I have also had a glimpse into Christmas Future. See, this is my first holiday season of eating clean/Zone/Paleo. After the past 5 days of being on "vacation" i.e. "out- of- the- usual -routine- and -away -from- my- own -kitchen", I got a reality check. If I don't plan and mentally prepare myself, I will be a bloated mess come January 1, my performance will suffer, and I will just feel like crap!

It's sooooo easy to just say "one piece of cake won't hurt me." Don't get me wrong, I do believe in moderation, and I do believe you can have your cake, so to speak. But it definitely takes a huge amount of willpower and planning ahead. I don't have a very good relationship with Willpower...

It was also hard to be "the weird one" eating weird things and not eating "normal" things. It really is a New Normal (thanks Erika- you have a real way with words!) I was super excited to eat this for breakfast (leftovers from the night before):

I think my brother almost barfed when he saw me eating brussel sprouts for breakfast....But to me, that's my "New Normal!"



Is this your first holiday season of living a more healthy lifestyle? How do you plan on resisting temptation?

What is your "New Normal?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment