Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Meet Jen Cardella

I thought it would be fun to get to know some of our female coaches here at Crossfit Central. Over the next few weeks I will be spotlighting the amazing women who train/nurture/yell at/laugh with us. Now, on to.......


Jen Cardella




How were you introduced to Crossfit?

I was first introduced to crossfit while working overseas. It looked crazy...and I was tired of running marathon after marathon...so I tried it. I was hooked after the first week. I started at Crossfit Central as soon as I got back to the U.S.

Favorite WOD/lift:

Diane, Heavy Front Squat

Favorite Zone/Paleo Meal:
Steak salad with bell pepper, avocado, and baby tomatoes

Favorite cheat meal:
pineapple wrapped in prosciutto, dark chocolate, and wine

I have always wanted to be a pistol instructor

1 word people use to describe me: loyal


Outside of the gym I like to play with my dogs, visit my grandparents in New Braunfels, work in my yard, and run

Favorite place to eat in Austin: Buenos Aires Cafe

Song that gets me pumped up for a workout: Anything by Beastie Boys

Something nobody really knows about me or would be surprised to know: I have 5 younger brothers and sisters- all are or will be taller than me.

Best piece of advice anyone’s ever given you: Keep your mouth shut, your ears open, and be honest.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Living in Italy with my husband....sipping wine and crossfitting



You can find Jen coaching indoor Women's Only classes at our Burnet location. Jen is also available for Personal Training and Nutritional Counseling. She is a great motivator who will push you to new heights- always with an encouraging smile.

Jen was part of the Crossfit Central Affiliate Team at the 2009 Crossfit Games. Check out this video from the Games, and to learn more about Jen, visit her blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment