Friday, November 6, 2009

How You Are Feeling Can Make All the Difference



How are you feeling?

This is something you need to ask yourself before each workout.

Did you get enough sleep the night before (or two nights ago for that matter)?
Are you stressed?
Have you been eating well?
Are you recovering from an injury or from being sick?

All of these things contribute to how your workout will go, and all of these things need to be taken into account as you are thinking about how much you're going to load on that bar.

This morning's Crossfit Women WOD:

5 Deadlifts (Elite=185#)
10 Burpees
5 Rounds

My time was pretty slow: 6:47. I was really disappointed with myself. Then, after thinking about some of the above questions, I realized 2 things:

1. I have been on an Herbal Cleanse for the past 6 days (not my usual regimen)
2. I have some mental blocks I need to work on. Both today and on Monday, I thought,"Oh man, I don't know if I can do that."

I KNOW BETTER!
Mental focus and preparation is half the workout.


One week until the Fran Benchmark Challenge Finale.
Get mentally prepared and focused!

No comments:

Post a Comment