Monday, October 19, 2009

Meet Jessica Sharratt


I thought it would be fun to get to know some of our female coaches here at Crossfit Central. Over the next few weeks I will be spotlighting the amazing women who train/nurture/yell at/laugh with us. Now, on to.......

Jessica Sharratt




How were you introduced to Crossfit?

The infamous Carey Kepler! I had known Carey outside of crossfit for a couple of years and knew she had always been fit and was a trainer. One weekend a group of us went camping and she came along and when I saw her I noticed she was the most lean I had ever seen her (which I didn't know was possible!) So I asked what she had been doing differently and she told me all about crossfit. That next week she called me and told me to come do elements and get started in classes. I showed up to a little garage and Zach yelling at me and the rest is history.

Favorite WOD/lift:
Right now I think my favorite WOD is Christine. Maybe because I just recently did it so it's fresh on my mind but I really enjoyed that one! Favorite lift is the Clean and Jerk...feels empowering.

Favorite Zone/Paleo Meal:

Indian Curry Stir Fry!! I usually make it with shrimp or chicken. Ingredients below:

In a pan saute Red Bell Peppers, Yellow Onions, Mushrooms, Water Chestnuts and Zucchini in a little Coconut Oil until soft, Add Shrimp or Chicken until thoroughly cooked. Add Yellow Curry Powder, Cayenne Pepper and a little water to coat the meat and veggies, throw in some raisins and walla sweet, spicy nutritious and delicious. (sounds great!)

Favorite cheat meal:
Hmmm...I'm a sweets kinda gal. I'd have to say either Apple Pie (the kind with a crumble top) or Ice Cream

I have always wanted to go to Italy or Greece!

1 word people use to describe me: I don't know...goofy?

Outside of the gym I like to Hang with my man, Ryan and my dog, Kane (white German Shepherd) and friends/family, Sit on a nice patio with drinks in hand...margarita or red wine, go to the lake, see a movie at Alamo Drafthouse, Cook, Read, Go for a run or to yoga, spend time with my family, go on trips, go shopping, take naps.

Something nobody really knows about me or would be surprised to know about me:

I was an event planner before I became a trainer. Worked in Hollywood for Wolfgang Puck. We did the Oscars and the Grammys, lots of movie premieres and it really was not that glamorous. I think I aged 10 years in the 3 years working there because it was so crazy. That's when I learned that I wanted QUALITY of life more than money or a cool job. Money is worthless if you don't have time to enjoy it with your loved one, friends and family. I'm forever grateful for CrossFit Central for that exact reason! Also, I'm a HUGE animal lover!!!

Favorite place to eat in Austin: Toughie...so many good spots here. I'd have to say sushi is my favorite and Umi tends to be our 2nd home. I also love Houston's...best fresh squeezed screwdriver ever and tuna sashimi salad! I could go on with a million other places.

Song that gets me pumped up for a workout: Don't really have one in particular. Pop, Hip Hop or DJ Mixes

Proudest accomplishment: Graduating from the University of Texas. Hook 'em Horns!!!

Best piece of advice anyone’s ever given you:

Do what makes YOU happy!! I use to be a bit of a people pleaser.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

That's weird to think about. Either still living in Austin or on a beach, definitely another dog and maybe a kid, who knows. Living life and loving every minute. Who knows what's in store for me...maybe I need to do some goal setting!



You can find Jess coaching Women's Only Indoor classes at Run-Tex. She also coaches bootcamp and personal training sessions. She's a lot of fun to be around yet will challenge you to work hard! To find out more about Jess, check out her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment