Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Meet Crystal Nelson

I thought it would be fun to get to know some of our female coaches here at Crossfit Central. Over the next few weeks I will be spotlighting the amazing women who train/nurture/yell at/laugh with us. Now, on to.......

Crystal Nelson

Crystal came to us by way of Colorado where she was a Crossfit Coach and Lead Women's Trainer at Emergent Fitness (AKA Crossfit Fort Collins)
You can find Crystal coaching Women's Only, Co-ed Indoor as well as Bootcamps and Personal Training in the near future.


How were you introduced to Crossfit?
I was introduced to CrossFit by my fitness director, Dennis Marshall, in Colorado. My first workout to try was “Helen” and it was awful! I was instantly hooked. I began watching videos of the original CrossFit girls, like Annie and Nicole, and thought they were amazing women. I had never seen women do so many pull-ups and so quickly. That gave me a challenge and I started on my CrossFit journey.

Favorite WOD/lift:
Filthy 50/deadlift

Favorite Zone/Paleo Meal:
Egg scramble with bacon, sausage, spinach, garlic, salsa, and olive oil served with fresh strawberries

Favorite cheat meal:
Ice cream or Mexican food

I have always wanted to travel frequently to different areas of the world.

1 word people use to describe me: Driven

Outside of the gym I like to cook, watch movies, play with my dogs, and spend time with important people in my life

Something nobody really knows about me or would be surprised to know about me: I grew up hunting, fishing, and was a typical country girl spending time outside on our ranch in Llano.

Favorite place to eat in Austin: Hula Hut

Song that gets me pumped up for a workout: “Diary of Jane” by Breaking Benjamin

Proudest accomplishment: Influencing women around me to change their life through diet and exercise by starting a Women’s CrossFit Program in Fort Collins, CO and building a successful community

Best piece of advice anyone’s ever given you:

“Never quit.” -My Dad

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I see myself as a well respected and influential fitness and nutrition spokeswoman in Austin, where I empower women to make changes for a happy and healthy life.


To find out more about Crystal, check out her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment