Monday, June 29, 2009

The Food Makes the Girl



(shout out to Mel and anyone else on vacation- Hope you're having fun!)


Warning: This week will be heavy on nutrition. There are so many things I want to talk about so I am going to dedicate this week to Food...

Last week I fell off the wagon. A lot. I looked very similar to the picture above. And I began to wonder just how "dirty eating" affects us both mentally and physically and for how long.

It's like Melissa Byers was reading my mind. She wrote a great 2- part piece about "eating dirty." So be sure to check it out.  

It is so easy to beat yourself up for having a cheat meal here or there. Food discipline is hard! But I've noticed the last few days how much my performance has suffered due to my indulgences. I feel sluggish, bloated, and just slow. 

BUT...Tomorrow is a new day, right?! Time to reel it in and break out the ol' food log.

Next up: How to fuel up pre- and post-workout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment