Monday, June 22, 2009

Are you Desperate?



When I came across the quote from Friday's post, it struck something in me.  For the past few days I've been thinking about that quote, and as I looked at it again this morning I realized why it struck me.

Desperation

Have you ever been desperate? I mean really, really desperate?
I have.
In fact, desperation is what brought me to CrossFit Central.  I had two small children with no time to myself, residual baby weight that made people ask me if I was pregnant- all the time (my son was over a year old- ouch), a terrible outlook on life, and no idea what to do to feel better.

I had tried everything I could think of to get back in shape. Nothing seemed to work.  

One day I ran into my friend, Maggie, who looked amazing after just a few short months of bootcamp, so I decided to try it out as a last ditch effort. 

Desperation brought me to CrossFit on Jan. 1 at 6 am. 
Desperation led me through Angie on my first day. 
Desperation kept me coming back.

As women, we just want to find something that works. Many of us have been through the yo-yo dieting, the "quick fix" pills, the Kickboxing, pilates, and step classes.  I want to go out on a limb and say that, like me, many of you have probably seen CrossFit as a desperate last attempt. 

And I say that's a good thing.

Jeremy said last week, "You have to be hungry. You have to be willing to step out of your complacency." 

And I say you have to be Desperate

No comments:

Post a Comment