Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What is Bootcamp?



Gettin it done!

Anderson High Bootcamp 6:15am


How are the indoor and bootcamp classes different?


This is a question that is asked quite often. Is bootcamp easier? Definitely not! It's just different. 


Bootcamp coaches use PVC pipe, medballs, sometimes light dumbells or kettlebells, and just whatever else is around- benches for step ups and dips, trails and pathways for running, Monkey Bars for jumping pullups and Knees to Elbows. 


And don't forget bodyweight exercises- lots of burpees! And sprints, and lunges, and just about anything in between. There are usually multiple smaller WODs with lots of core work thrown in. It's fast paced and a good sweat.  I had been attending indoor classes for a year before I went to a bootcamp. I thought I was in great shape, and BAM! I was knocked on my butt- it was hard!


So if you're looking for something new to add to your routine or want to change it up a bit, try a Relentless Bootcamp- maybe you'll get to see this at 6am!!:



Follow us on Facebook! Crossfit Central Women has a Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment