Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 3: Beets!



I had never tried beets until I got about 10 of them from my Farmhouse Delivery. I had no idea what to do with them!  I found this recipe from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet cookbook.


Oven-Roasted Beets, from The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno
6-8 medium-sized beets
Extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, passed through garlic press
Parchment paper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Wash and scrub beets. Remove any strings. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place beets on the lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle mixed garlic over beets. Cover tightly with tin foil and place in the oven.
3. Bake 1 hour.
4. Remove from heat. Let cool enough that you can handle the beets. The skins slip off easily at this point. Slice and place on a dinner plate next to your main course. Beets keep well in the fridge.


2 comments: