Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oh Mama!


Pregnancy and CrossFit. Some would say the two don't really go together- "you're doing what? with weights??!!!" Pregnancy will bring about more unsolicited advice than you can shake a stick at- eat this, don't eat that, wear this, use this cream, don't change the litterbox... (if only I was joking)

Exercise is one of those areas where there is a lot of mis-information as well as outdated information. I heard about this site called CrossFit Moms and found some much needed information that I wanted to share with you. I know most of you aren't pregnant, but if you know of someone who is or are thinking about becoming pregnant in the future, you want to definitely check this out!

Here is a blurb from the site:

CrossFit Mom is designed for pregnant women, post-partum women, and women who are thinking about becoming pregnant. We offer CrossFit workouts, scaled for all three trimesters and post-partum women. You can ask questions about scaling, substitutes for exercises or equipment, or something specific to your situation. Whether you already do CrossFit workouts, or want to start, we can help you on your fitness journey.


I like that it scales workouts by trimester as well as beginner, intermediate, and advanced. There is even a forum to chat with other pregnant CrossFit Mamas!

I would have loved to have this information when I was pregnant, so pass it on! Carey and I both have 2 kids, so if you have any questions about pregnancy and fitness, please give us a shout.

2 comments:

  1. I did Careys 9:oo class T/TH during my whole pregnancy. As I got bigger we scaled my workouts to what I could do. It was the best thing I could have ever done. My recovery was night and day to my last pregnancy. I highly recommend doing Crossfit while pregnant!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! I would love to hear more so we can start gathering stories like yours. I think it is inspiring :) Thanks for sharing Kelly.

    ReplyDelete