Friday, December 11, 2009

Meet Carey Kepler

Don't forget about the Crossfit Central Christmas Party tonight from 7-10pm at the Gym. Bring your family and your appetite- it's catered! (BYOB)

And don't drink too much so you can go to Carey's FREE Bootcamp at Lululemon on Saturday morning at 7am...

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for. You see her every day, but do you really know




Carey Kepler

How were you introduced to Crossfit?

My brother, Jeremy, called me up one day and said "you've gotta check this out"- it was the infamous Nasty Girls video. I was instantly hooked.

Favorite WOD/lift:
Deadlift/Anything with running in it because I'm good at that. I really like Helen.

Favorite Zone/Paleo Meal:

Salmon cooked in olive oil with a little lemon pepper on top. Place it on top of a bed of spinach with a side of broccoli- yum!

Favorite cheat meal:
Chocolate chip cookies- more chocolate than cookie....and a good coffee

I have always wanted to live on the beach for a month

1 word people use to describe me: crazy (I think if you ask around, you'd also hear inspiring, insane, awesome, hardcore, um insane)

Outside of the gym I like to work in the garden and yard


Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me: You know what you need to know and when it's time to know more, you'll know ;)

Favorite place to eat in Austin:La Condesa

Song that gets me pumped up for a workout: MGMT "Electric Feel"

Proudest accomplishment:My 3rd place finish at the 2009 Crossfit Games and the birth of my two children.

Best advice anyone has ever given you: "Never Quit"

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Living on the Lake here in Austin, flying out on weekends to do speaking engagements


Anywhere you see the double Cs, you'll probably see Carey! She is the co-owner of Crossfit Central, heads up the Women's Only Program and co-heads the Crossfit Endurance Programs. Carey is also a Lululemon Ambassador, wife, and mother of two.

Carey, along with some of our other fabulous coaches were recently featured in an amazing photo spread and article entitled "Beauty in Strength" Follow the link to check it out!

To find out more about Carey, visit her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment