Sunday, September 12, 2010

September Athlete of the Month!

We have so many amazing women in our community, and I want to start highlighting them as much as possible. Everyone has a story to tell. Some have lost tons of weight, some have gained tons of confidence.

Last month, Coach Jessica Sharratt hosted a Paleo-ish Challenge open to anyone who wanted to join in. All the competitors put $10 in a pot and whoever had the least number of cheats at the end of the month won the money. It was a Paleo-"ish" Challenge because there were some concessions. You can read more about it here.

The winner of the Challenge was Cheray Ashwill- with ZERO cheats!!!! So I wanted to highlight her as the September Athlete of the Month.


Before

After almost 2 years at Crossfit Central

Cheray Ashwill

5:30am MWF Women's Only Class

Why did you decide to do the Paleo-ish Challenge?
I decided to do the paleo-ish challenge because I had been on an eating vacation for three weeks. My children were out of town and we were eating out and drinking tequila every night. I need a kick start to reel it in!

What kept you going?
The thought of winning! I am super competiitve and I wanted to see if I had the discipline to win. The Women's Challenge was also during the paleo-ish challenge, so I wanted to eat my best to perform as best as I could for my team.

How did you find out about Crossfit/Crossfit Central?
Crossfit Central is close to my neighborhood and I was intimidated for weeks just looking at it. I went in one day to check it out and saw Carey doing a personal training session and nursing her baby. I figured, it couldn't be that bad:)

Favorite WOD/Lift:
Anything but Fight Gone Bad!/ Deadlift



Favorite Paleo Meal:
Steak with grilled vegetables

Favorite Cheat Meal:
Chicken and waffles from 24Diner with champagne

I have always wanted to...
live abroad. I would love to immerse myself in a completely different culture and language.

Outside the Gym I like to...
Spend time with my family and friends. I love to eat out and check out new places in town!

How has Crossfit impacted your life/what changes have you seen in yourself since starting?
I have become more confident in my athletic ability.I have learned to set and stick to my goals. I have lost 10% bodyfat and 4 jean sizes since I started.Crossfit has impacted my life in so many positive ways.

Proudest accomplishment:
My two wonderful children, Avery 16 and Liam 13, and entering our 20th year of marriage!

In 10 years, I...
will be traveling around the world without children:)

Advice for Newbies:
Keep at it, find your group and get involved. Crossfit Central is such an awesome community.


Congrats Cheray! Keep up the great work!

Want to nominate someone for Athlete of the Month? Contact me at KatGrosshaupt@me.com

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely Awesome Cheray! It is great to have such a rock star in our community! Thank you for your hard work and determination!!!

    ReplyDelete