Friday, February 5, 2010

Pizza Pizza



Have you been having the urge for some pizza? I tried this recipe this week and it was mmmmmm....good. Recipe courtesy of MDA

Crust:
2 c Almond Meal/Flour
2 eggs
2 tsp Olive Oil
1 tsp salt

Mix ingredients. If too mushy, add more almond flour. Spread onto an oiled cookie sheet and flatten it out to about 1/4 to 1/2" in the middle. Bake at 350 for about 15 min. It should be slightly golden but not brown around the edges.

Sauce:
In a small saucepan combine
1 can tomato paste
1 cup water
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic

Simmer the sauce while the crust is baking.

When the crust is ready, load up with toppings. I used Italian chicken sausage (cooked first) and,gulp, goat cheese, along with peppers, tomatoes, and mushrooms.


Bake for about 10-15 minutes.

Verdict:
Tommy and I loved it. The kids tried it, but weren't thrilled. That's ok. I'm not going to give up on my quest for 2010: Paleo Family. Baby steps. Here is a picture of "their" pizza that they made. I made them put "at least 1 veggie" on it. As you can see, they took me quite seriously! If you have a favorite pizza recipe, post to comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment