Friday, September 25, 2009

FGB IV


deal1.jpg


Here is a letter from a Marine in Iraq, expressing her thanks for all of you who have helped raise money for FGB IV:


“My name is LtCol Sarah Deal. I am currently writing to you from Iraq where I am serving my second tour. As a CH-53E pilot for the Marines, my job involves carrying wounded soldiers to aid, so I see first hand the need for the Wounded Warrior Project.

    I have 3 young sons and a husband at home. Some days, a word from home or a video is what gets us all through the hard stuff. And knowing about events like Fight Gone Bad makes us feel like we’re not forgotten about out here. I thank you very much. There are so many kids putting their lives on the line out here. The wounded need to know that there is support for them and that there can be life
    after injury.

      You have a great cause and I appreciate that you are doing it. I am sorry I can’t be there to cheer you on in person, but we’ll all be thinking about you on Saturday, watching on our terrible internet service, and know that we are grateful for your service and support and you are helping to put a smile on our faces. I just celebrated my 40th birthday on the 15th, and I consider it a birthday gift from all of you to me and the guys.”



      In less than 12 hours, Fight Gone Bad IV will kick off at the Long Center. It is sure to be an awesome event with a live DJ, prizes, a kids' area, and much much more!

      CrossFit Central has raised $30, 039 so far and is in 2nd place- wow!!

      See you tomorrow...

      No comments:

      Post a Comment