Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Tilapia Quinoa Salad
I don't know about you, but I've been in a recipe rut lately. I picked up a copy of Clean Eating Magazine the other day, though, and- voila- a few new recipes that were easy and only required a few tweaks.
Tonight I made Tilapia Citrus Quinoa Salad- a perfect dish to take to a potluck, btw...
1 cup Quinoa
1/2 lb. Tilapia fillets
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
1 med. yellow onion, finely diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
zest and juice 1 lime
zest and juice 1/2 lemon
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, pressed
sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Cook quinoa (1 c quinoa, 2 c water, salt. simmer for 20 min. covered)
2. Heat large skillet over med-high heat. Throw some olive oil in the pan, place tilapia in skillet with some salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes until it's done.
3. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, tilapia, carrots, peppers, onion.
4. In smaller bowl, whisk together lime and lemon juice and zest, Dijon, garlic, and parsley if you wish.
5. Pour dressing over tilapia mixture and mix well. Serve immediately or have husband put leftovers in the fridge and eat a few bowls after you come home from Bootcamp.
So, here's the deal: I know Quinoa isn't Paleo- BUT the recipe actually calls for couscous and Quinoa is gluten-free, so I went with it. It's a perfect summery dish!
What's your favorite cookbook? I'm lookin' for a good one!