Monday, May 17, 2010

Take Care of the Skin You're In


Summer is almost here. Clothes are getting skimpier, and soon you'll be donning your new bikini!

I wanted to take a moment to remind you to take care of yourself this summer. Skin cancer is very real and can happen to anyone.

I had a malignant melanoma on my left arm removed when I was only 24. Never in a million years did I think I would get skin cancer- especially at such a young age. Luckily my doctor got it all and I found it before it began to spread. But it was truly one of the most terrifying ordeals of my life thus far.

It is extremely important that you check over your body once a month or so. Look for any moles that have changed- are darker, have jagged borders, or just look different. Get your roomate, husband, or friend to look over those places you can't see.

Be smart. Tan is nice and all, but use good judgement so you can be around to enjoy your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment