Monday, May 10, 2010

Success


What is success?

The Webster Dictionary defines success as "a favorable or desired outcome."

I think most of us, when we think of success, we think of wealth or attaining a huge goal. Not long ago, Carey asked me to define my idea of success.

It was really hard for me to put into words!

Some days my idea of success is making it through the day with everyone clothed, fed, and reasonably happy.

Some days my idea of success is crushing a WOD and getting a PR..... or just showing up.

Everyone has different goals. Everyone is coming from a different place, and we can't compare ourselves to others as a gauge of our success.

The point of all this is that it is important to define Success for yourself. What will make YOU feel successful? What is your gauge for success in your life?

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Post to comments!

And if you see Win around the gym, be sure to give her a big high five.


Sometimes abstract ideas and concepts are the hardest to define, but ultimately the most important.

Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Out of all the CrossFit videos I've seen, this one may be my favorite. I was rooting for Win the whole way through! Go Win!

    ReplyDelete